Saturday, March 25, 2006

Define cool

When does something stop becoming cool? I'm only asking because I'm just putting some new tunes on my Mum's iPod, among them some Nik Kershaw.

Ha, I scoffed, what a load of old tosh.

But have you listened to The Riddle recently?

I'm adrift in a sea of nostalgia! Christ, I hope the neighbours can't hear it...

I've got to admit, hidden among the Bowie and Rolling Stones stuff, I've got what some people would regard as slightly dodgy taste in music for this day and age. Hall and Oates? 1980s Steve Winwood? Thanks Dad - yes, you imprinted it all on my brain during those car journeys when I all I wanted to listen to was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie soundtrack.

Hmmm. In hindsight - good move pops!

Maybe now is the time to watch that Serious Moonlight DVD...

No comments: