Friday, March 24, 2006

Dancing in the streets

And by dancing, I mean running (I just like using song titles as my post titles).

So tomorrow is run-day! I'm wondering how this is going to pan out, and I've realised that there are a couple of negative aspects to running in public.

• You have to run the gamut of dog poo on the streets.

• I'm so used to running with my iPod (not hand-in-hand I hasten to add) that I don't know if I can do it without some slutty guitar riffs firing into my ears at ear-drum rupturing volumes.

• The last time I went for a run some filthy chav shouted the word "knob" at me.

Now, to be honest, I think the last one was a bit harsh. Maybe if I'd said something about his grim girlfriend's Croydon facelift there would've been grounds for offence, but, y'know, I just stumbled past them wheezing like Darth Vader after he threw the Emperor down that big hole on the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

What is it with Star Wars and big holes anyway?

Whatever; I'm a grown man. I can cope.

I'll make a post-run, er, post if I'm still alive tomorrow!

No comments: