Tuesday, September 12, 2006

2.4 hour party person

I'm back! From the party, that is. D'you know, I actually had rather a good time (I usually dread these sort of things). The Kensington Roof Gardens is an amazing venue (though I didn't catch sight of the much-rumoured native flamingoes). I caught up with some good friends, met some people I hadn't seen in a while, some fascinating new people, and a magician called Sav who did things with cards and coins that no one should be able to do. I actually called him a witch at one point and threatened to burn him; apparently Richard Bacon said the very same thing to him. I suppose it's an occupational hazard.

I was told by one lady that I looked like a pop star. Or a schoolboy. I said I'd probably go with the pop star thing. She replied that the older ladies quite like the schoolboy look. I'm officially a stud-muffin. Or a whore. I don't know which...

Oh, and it seems like my scheming might just pay off... I ran my idea past a very good colleague, and she thought it was great, so I officially have a 'LONG TERM GOAL' now. Which is exciting and nerve-wracking all in one go. Hurrah!

I left after two and a bit hours feeling refreshed, energised, and excited (not in that way, perverts). What a top evening.

2 comments:

Dinah said...

You're a stud-muffin! With a goal, that's like, super impressive.

Tim said...

Or a whore with a dream!

Either sounds exciting!!