Monday, May 01, 2006

Look who's stalking!

First of all: forgive me. If you've never watched Star Trek, or are not inclined to exhibiting nerdlinger tendencies, probably best to click the little 'next blog' button just up there in the top righthand corner.

Still here? Don't come crying to me when it all goes horribly wrong then...

OK! What have I done today? Heck, I've been to Milton Keynes to hobnob with the stars of Star Trek! And by 'hobnob,' I mean queue up for their autographs with everyone else at the spectacular Collectormania 9!!!

Excitement, she wrote.

The good thing about this event is that you're not stranded in the middle of nowhere; if you get bored you can just wander off round the shopping centre. Sorry, Centre:MK, as it's known. Ooo, trendy. No...? Hmmm...

To be honest, this is the third time I've been, accompanied once again by Mr. Marcosy. The fact that it's in a shopping centre has the additional benefit in that it's very difficult to get barred from it, which, after the little incident last year when Marcosy tried to ask Battlestar Galactica's Katie Sackhoff to spit her chewing gum into his hand, looked to be a distinct possibility at one point.

So who was I stalki- erm, looking for today? Why, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, and Kate Mulgrew!

I couldn't resist mentioning to The Mulgrew about Lee's filthy attempt to touch her just over a week ago. I swear at one point she was either poised to press a panic button or reach for a phaser, but, bless 'er, she took it all in her stride and kept smiling.

What a gal!

Frakesy was next. A top bloke, it must be said, and rather bullish when I asked him his thoughts on the next movie. Fighting talk from TNG - go Frakesy, go Frakesy!!

LeVar Burton was also great, though he seemed to be in the middle of trying to learn cockney rhyming slang when I approached him. I didn't have the heart to ask him how he felt about the fact that most fans consider Nemesis to be "a bit pony." Maybe next time. I wouldn't want to get in any Barney Rubble.
LeVar also wrote 'peace' on the picture he signed for me. I wasn't actually aware that I was at war with LeVar Burton, but, LeVar, if you're reading this: I except your surrender.

So, all in all, a bank holiday well wasted. Um, spent, I mean!

No comments: