Monday, April 17, 2006

What I've been doing, post queuin'

Aaaah... what a reasonably nice Easter weekend.

Putting Saturday's queuing incident behind me, I checked out a sweet little movie on Sunday (and by sweet I mean both the Cartman style "sweeeeeeeet" as well as the more familiar "awww, that was sweet"). It was a little indie flick called Junebug, and I enjoyed it very much. Shame it's only on at select few cinemas (I had to traipse up to bloomin' Piccadilly!); surely the world could do with a few more movies like this and a few less Scary Movie 4s...?

(God! Did I just say that!? I used to be a whore to the blockbuster movie!!! Must be growing up... Bring on Superman Returns before all hope is lost!)

Today's been bit less interesting, to be honest. I worked. Yes, I sat at my little desk in my little house and I did some work. Bleeeurgh. Oh well, beats heading down the mines!

Oh, and I finally got round to downloading some tracks I wanted off iTunes, among them 'Valentine' by Delays. I've never been a fan of this lot before, but this song is amazing! Might have to buy the album...

It's definitely feet up for the rest of the evening; there's a new episode of Smallville on, and I'll fill the rest of my time with my nose in a book - this one, to be specific. I'd recommend it to anyone who loved Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Yes, it's that good.

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday peoploids...

(oh, and for anyone who's interested - in comparison to my relatively chilled out response to Saturday's Red Hot Chili Peppers fiasco, Simon has fired off a number of angry letters to the BBC and the Evening Standard, and spent the rest of his weekend blowing things up playing Black on the PS2. How cathartic.)

No comments: