Monday, April 10, 2006

Sexy mysteries

Actually, that should read 'cosmic mysteries,' but I'm still adhering to the wisdom of my last post.

Anyway, Ghostbusters has just come on the telly, and it's reminded me of one of the most perplexing mysteries of recent times. Basically, the predictive text on my phone has learnt, with the correct key-pad pressings, to spell 'Zool'.

As in 'The Gatekeeper'.

Now this is perplexing for several reasons. Firstly, I doubt very much that Nokia would program the word 'Zool' into the dictionary of a mobile phone. Secondly, that means that I taught it to. Which means at some point in the past I must've had a very indepth text conversation that explored the finer details of Ghostbusters; a conversation, I'm sad to say, I can't remember.

It's been a long time since I was drunk, so I can't blame it on that old chestnut.

So if anyone out there remembers me texting 'Zool' to them multiple times, could you please refresh my memory and let me know what it was all about. (And I should point out that the imdb informs me that the correct spelling is actually 'Zuul,' but the fact of the matter is, I was still engaged in a conversation about a fictional demonic character from a classic 1980's movie)

Ta.

Oh, and the other cosmic mystery - why is it if you spill a glass of water it always, without fail, lands in your groin? The amount of times in the last week I've had to make excuses for looking like an incontinent weirdo is, worringly, nudging double figures.

No comments: