Saturday, April 08, 2006

Making life more entertaining

I had an epiphany at work yesterday afternoon while reading some episode synopses on startrek.com (stop mocking me, I was actually working!).

First of all, let me explain: towards the end of last year I came into the possession of a Family Guy DVD boxset. I'd never really watched it before, but had heard great things about it, so I took the plunge.

For those of you who haven't watched the show, and I'm sure pretty much everyone who has watched it would agree with me, Stewie is the best character. He's a baby hellbent on world domination. I empathise with him.

Anyway, Stewie occasionally throws, er, "sexy parties." Yes. "sexy parties." Don't believe me? Look: a sexy party.

So, there I was, on startrek.com, and it occured to me that any sentence can be made *SO* much funnier by inserting the word "sexy" into it.

For instance, startrek.com's synopsis for the Enterprise episode 'Strange New World' reads:

'Crew members go on a survey mission to a seemingly uninhabited Earth-like planet where a mysterious alien presence sends them into a state of paranoid overdrive.'

My version reads:

'Crew members go on a sexy mission to a seemingly uninhabited Earth-like planet where a mysterious alien presence sends them into a state of paranoid overdrive.'

Snigger. I'm so easily amused. Go try it on the BBC website. Bird flu's never been so amusing.

Maybe I should change the tag line at the top of this page to 'senseless malarkey and mindless drivel from my sexy human brain?'

You'd all be bookmarking it then, huh?

No comments: