Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The day after tomorrow

Holy freakin' hell. I thought it was supposed to be summer?

This was the view in Hammersmith as I got back to my car at 5pm today.

Very biblical, huh? Five minutes after taking that picture I was driving home in a torrential downpour complete with thunderbolts and lightning (very, very frightening things), which were swiftly followed by hail stones. Hail-freakin'-stones! The last time we had crazy-ass weather like this the office got struck by lightning. It knocked out our internet connection, which meant we actually had to do some work.

Anyway, this crazy weather is doing my head in a bit. Not because I don't like thunder and lightning but purely because I just don't know what to wear; went out at lunchtime in a zipped-up jacket because it was overcast and windy, came back in bright, warm sunshine sweating - sorry, perspiring - profusely. I *just* can't win. If only we still had some emergency ponchos in the office… Oh wait, they make you look like a twat - I'd rather get soaked.

One good aspect of the bad weather, though, is Channel 5's lovely weather girl, Lara Lewington. Now, she drives Sparky Ma up the wall, but I've grown rather fond of Lara, particularly of the way she says "hi" like she's going to give us the forecast for the impending apocalypse. I also think it's great that you can pretty much judge the forecast by how low-cut her top is; high-neck - brrrrr, chilly; boobs out - ooo, warm!

Here's a crappy video I took of Lara in action (note sensible top with respectable boob coverage - i.e. overcast and rainy).


And excuse me for being maybe a little bit more laddish than I'd normally be, but I bet this was a particularly warm day…

Weather be damned though! I'm totally going out for a run tonight. Bizarrely, I discovered the other day that I actually run better in the rain, so no doubt I'll be more Linford Christie than Agatha Christie tonight. Hell, I might even jump in some puddles.

5 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Yay! First!

She is a hussy. A HUSSY!

Timothy, I'm surprised at you. Sparky Ma is right!


P.S. I so want to see Linford vs Agatha!

Tara said...

Her "hi" is like, "Hi, sorry that I'm giving you some bad weather news.."

I have a little crush on our weather guy on one of the channels, AJ Colby. So cute. Even if there's a blizzard coming, he has a little grin on his face.

Hail is scary.

Tim said...

Inexplicable Device - She IS a hussy. A weather-reading hussy!!

I think Linford versus Agatha would be a bit of a one-horse race. Unless someone fired her from a cannon…

Tara - Exactly! She's exactly like that, although I kinda think she revels in telling us about bad weather…

I don't think I'd appreciate someone smiling while telling me that a blizzard was looming. Although if you're OK with that, that's fine!

Inexplicable DeVice said...

A cannon?

* steeples fingers *

Exactly!

Tim said...

I like it when you're maniacal.