Monday, March 31, 2008

Hair update 04: impromptu edition!

OK, so because of time limitations, I've not gotten round to doing the Indiana Jones pic. Would you be mad if I did it another week? At the very least that'll give me a chance to flex my photoshop muscles and give you something truly awe-inspiring instead of something that's slapped together like a kebab in that dodgy-looking van you know you really shouldn't stop off at while you're staggering home from the pub drunk. Again.

While you're pondering whether there should've been more commas or full stops in that last sentence, here's this week's wonderful, spur-of-the-moment photo.

To be honest, I'm quite glad I've not had the chance to do anything else, because quite frankly my hair's been awesome today. I'm rather pleased to announce the return of my sexy little flick-ups at the back (note how I'm pointing at them for you), and I'm going for the beardy look once again because I bought eight new razor blades the other day and they cost me just over 14 quid, so lord knows I'm going to make them last as long as I can. And if that means not actually using them, then by gum, I'm not actually going to use them!

As a matter of fact, I was supposed to do a run with Sweatband tonight, but she bailed because she's sick. If we'd done it, today's pic would actually have been post-run sweat-tastic rather than Indiana Jones-style or just plain suave. Maybe we'll get to that in a few weeks if there's enough demand. 

-----

Talking of runs, I did a crappy one last night. Look at the current graph. See where it dips? That's where I actually had to stop running because my legs were aching, and I had to walk for a few minutes. Rubbish. It didn't help that Spring has suddenly sprung and I was roasting my tits off in a fleece. Bah. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll go out in t-shirt and shorts next time and it'll snow. 

-----

I've come to the decision today that I'm very particular about the brand of porridge I eat. I've been on a bit of a porridge kick, y'see, and have been downing a bowl for lunch each day; it's cheap, very filling, empowers me with slow release energy throughout the latter part of the day, and keeps me regular. Am I alone in saying that there's nothing quite as satisfying as a big poo? Anyway, I couldn't get my regular Oats-so-Simple the other day, so I had to buy Scotts Oats, and quite frankly it's like eating a bowl of glue. 

Fortunately, I had the last of it today, so I'll be hitting Sainsbury's for some of the good stuff tomorrow.

-----

Right, I'm off to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade which I taped last night. Purely for, um, research purposes for next week's update, you understand!

25 comments:

Miss Smuggersham said...

Unless someone else is cruising around I think I may be

FIRST!!

You know, I like the porridge that comes with the cinamonn in it so you can sprinkle it all on top. Sometimes sultanas are nice too.

skillz said...

Rookie mistake #1: Sainsbury's had a special offer on recently where you could buy a Gilette Fusion with 6 blades for £7.72. Bargain.

Rookie mistake #2: You didn't mention the utterly awesometastic line delivered by Sean Connery in Last Crusade.. "I should have mailed it to the Marx Brothers" (yep, I watched it last night)

missyandchrissy said...

did you use some of that gluey porridge to get those sexy hair flicks?

missyandchrissy said...

to stay in place was supposed to be the rest of that sentence! sorry, we got so distracted by your photo...

Tim said...

T-Bird - I get the golden syrup-flavoured porridge. Cinnamon sounds luuuuverly, but not sultanas; they're like flies.

Skillz - I totally know about the special offer and would've taken it up except for the fact that my Sainsbury's massively sold out. Bah!

Just watched Last Crusade, and I'm now sooooo looking forward to Kingdom of the Crystal Meth.

Missy&Chrissy - No, I didn't - but that's a top idea!

Tara said...

It's hard to spot that flip-up that you're pointing to, because it is kind of blending into your bookcase. But I trust that your hair does what you say. :)

I haven't had porridge (called "oat meal" in The States) in awhile, but my favorite is Quaker Oats' Peaches-n-Cream. Good stuff, definitely. My mom used to make us oat meal with raisins. That was also good.

Tim said...

Tara - I feared that might happen, but trust me - they're there!

I'm going to buy some Oats-so-Simple today to renew my faith in porridge.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I can't believe I'm the first to say "YES! I demand post-run sweat-tastic style (or lack of) hair!" Maybe you'd be wearing a wifebeater and not your fleece because of the heat? Or not...



Actually, maybe I can believe it.

CyberPete said...

I'm with IDV on that.

Since you are sweating so much, maybe you should go topless?

I think IDV would like that, as you will notice, I'm saying this purely for IDV. Not me. No, I'd get no joy from that. None, no way. Absolutely not. Nope.

Porridge is something old people and kids who don't know any better eat. Kelloggs Special K redberries is the way to go, or maybe Cheerios

Tim said...

Inexplicable Device - Why would you 'lack of' hair? Is someone planning to shave my head?!

Either way, maybe I'd be fully-clothed? Or maybe I won't do this picture at all…

Cyberpete - Topless?! This isn't a strip club! Anyway, there's no point in doing anything to please IDV because he has no demon box.

Actually - I could do it in the evening, and remove the picture later so he can't look at it in work. Hmmm…

Porridge is AWESOME. Kelloggs Special K redberries sound gross. Like dry flakes with horrible red lumps in. Oh, wait, that's exactly what they are!

Miss Smuggersham said...

Sultanas may look like flies, but I can't get enough of them. I even like that sultana maderia cake thing. Yum!

Tim said...

Really? I'm still going with "ugh" and vomiting in my mouth a little bit.

CyberPete said...

At least we won't have the problem of one finishing the others cereal in the morning

Silver lining

Tim said...

Ah - a solution to a problem no one knew existed! Marvellous!

Dinah said...

Tara - the peaches and cream kind is my favourite too! So good.

Also good, as in great, is this picture. Yay! This was such a great idea.

Dinah said...

Also: your eyes look very, very blue.

Tim said...

Dinah - I'm not totally sure this was a great idea, as I do kind of cringe whenever I see the pics. Maybe if I tried to cover my face slightly?

As for the eyes, it's just a trick of the light - in reality they are very, very green.

The Mistress said...

Did somebody mention 'kebab'?

Tim said...

Um, only you…

Miss Smuggersham said...

No, no... there's mention of a kebab in the post somewhere. I'm sure of it!

Why are so many people anti sultana? By the time they are either in milk (oats) or cake batter, they get all squidgy and plump and delicious.

Mmmm. Sultanas!

Were they deliberately named after the Sultan's main squeeze?

Tim said...

There is - you're totally right. Damn kebab!

Sultanas are the anti-Christ! Or do you mean Santana? I don't know if he'd go squidgy when you dip him in milk…

Miss Smuggersham said...

No, he just likes to scrub Rob Thomas' back in a bath of buttermilk.

They both get all prune-like.

Tim said...

Do you think Rob would sing:

And if you said
This bath ain't good enough
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my bath to better suit your mood
'cos you're so smooth

I bet he would.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Just popping in to say: Sultanas are YUM! Even Beaky likes them.

Not raisins, though - They truly are food of the Devil!

And: With the longer hair, your Cute-factor has increased, but the Sexiness has taken a slight dip.

Don't worry though, I still would!

Tim said...

Sultanas are pure evil in a fly-shaped casing. And you Sir, are wrong! Except with the whole raisin thing - they're gross too.

Damn! My sexiness has dipped?! This is like the FTSE index!

Don't worry though, I still wouldn't!