Monday, March 17, 2008

Hair update 02: By jove, Holmes! edition

Crumbs, it feels like ages since I last posted, so, um, apologies for that. Anyway, let's crack on, shall we?

First order of business - after the immense success of last week's hair update, it's back for another round! And following on from Tara and Missy&Chrissy's suggestion, I've gone for a Sherlock Holmes look this week.
Ta-daaaa! That's my Sherlock Holmes: a stunning and uncanny transformation, I think you'll agree, that was definitely not thrown together while I was playing Scrabulous on Facebook or thinking that I might have to watch the first episode of Bionic Woman that I recorded last week. I'm particularly pleased with how I've used a Mr. Incredible Pez dispenser in lieu of a pipe.

So, what do we learn from this? Well, having slicked my hair down to appear as if I'm from the Victorian era* you unfortunately can't tell if it's grown at all since last week. It's also become quite apparent that I have just one expression, which always seems to involve a raised eyebrow. Please note, however, that this week I raised THE OTHER ONE.

Variety is, after all, the spice of live.

Don't forget to exercise your democratic right and vote for next week's exciting look in the comments section!

 -----

Exciting news abounds elsewhere: I got my awesome new beanie. Over the last few years I've had a bit of a beanie obsession-thing going on; I've got shedloads of them in a variety of different shapes and colours, but I've always lacked an oversized one - y'know the kind that covers your entire head and most of your face.

As you might remember, I posted about the fact that I was thinking about getting one a while back - anyway, long story short, I ordered it, it arrived, I wore it, my boss compared me to Eminem, everything's groovy.
Notice how I've turned a little to camera to give you a better idea of how accommodating it is?I did that just for you, and you alone.

I love this beanie with a worrying passion.

-----

And now for something completely different: for what seems like an eternity, Thames Water have been replacing the water pipes in the roads around my office, and seem to be making a right mess of it. Roads are closed, the workmen don't seem to be doing anything, and on at least two occasions huge jets of water have been sent hurtling into the sky. Well, evidently some local joker has taken note of their incompetence - I saw this on the walk from my car to the office this morning.
Oh it's like a Banksy!


*An image that is quickly and utterly smashed into oblivion by the fact that I'm wearing a hoody rather than proper gentlemanly attire.

25 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Hey! You're not the real Faux-Victorian era Tim. You're Mirror Faux-Victorian era Tim!

How did you escape from mine and T-Bird's clutches?

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Should you still manage to be at large next week, I'd like to see you try a Wolverine-type pose.

Tim said...

Ineplicable Device - I can escape from anything! Like that time Moriarty and I took a tumble off a cliff - I escaped death itself!

And: Snikkt! Can't you tell *someone* has been reading a lot of Marvel comics recently? Wolverine sounds like a cracking idea.

Miss Smuggersham said...

You can lift up two eyebrows separately? I can only do the one.

*off to practise on the couch*

PS I'b siiiiick today and at home. A Wolverine post would make me feel much better.

Dinah said...

Aw, T-Bird, sick is no good.

Awesome picture! I choose to think that Victorians would have embraced the hoodie if they had in fact known about the cozy cozy comforts of such a lifestyle.

I have spent so much time playing Facebook Scrabulous that I shudder to think of all of the worthwhile things I could have done with my time.

Tara said...

That's great, I've tried raising my other eyebrow, but I wound up looking very twitchy. So far, I can only raise my left eyebrow. I'm doing it now just to make sure I have my facts straight. The modern-day, Pez dispenser-smoking Sherlock Holmes look is a success. Next look ...Wolverine. Naw, I think it's too early in your hair growing process for that.

Tara said...

Oops! I didn't read IDV's second comment! Ha!! So I second the Wolverine look suggestion. >:)

missyandchrissy said...

BRAVO! you might be the only person we know who can singlehandedly pull off victorian detective AND beanie-wearing thug in the same posting...and brilliant use of that pez dispenser!

we agree with the wolverine suggestion -- i hope you have some furry clawed gloves. and are practicing your pounce.

CyberPete said...

I'm thinking you'd look fabulous with a style a bit like this

http://www.jerrydroberts.com/brokedowncinema/Poster/XanaduPoster.jpg

Looking good, even wearing a hoodie and that takes talent

Tim said...

T-Bird - I totally can independently wiggle mah eyebrows! That sucks massively about you being ill - look for some Wolverine good times next week!

Dinah - I agree; I think the Victorians would have rocked the hoody big time!

Tara - in hindsight I should've cradled the pez dispenser on my hand. Oh well, it was near as dammit!

Missy&chrissy - a beanie wearing Victorian detective thug?I think we've got another exciting new tv show just waiting to be pitched. We could do a crossover episode with the teaching detective!

Cyberpete - I'll check the do out later! And bless ya, sir! Embrace the hoody!!!

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Despite the thuggish tendancies associated with beanie wearers, you manage to look really cute* in that ridiculously large, hippo-hidable beanie.

* And I mean that in a non-pervy "awwww..." way.

Tim said...

There's an ulterior motive here … there has to be…

Tim said...

Oh, and Cyberpete - I checked out that pic.

Good. Lord.

Are you trying to transform me into Debbie Harry?

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I think that Ulterior Motive got lost in the beanie...

Tim said...

Nothing gets lost in the beanie!

Miss Smuggersham said...

Why all the fighting? Can't we all just be friends?

CyberPete said...

You'll make one hell of a Debbie Harry

Debbie does hairstyles

Tim said...

T-Bird - It's actually a sign of affection. That and the fact that you started keeping score!

Cyberpete - I am atomic!

CyberPete said...

You look super cute in that beanie

in a thuggish kind of way

You almost make me want you to mug me

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Oi, CyberPoo! If anyone's getting mugged by Thug-Tim, it's me.

Now, don't be gentle, Tim.

CyberPete said...

IDV: You can go second

he's definately mugging me first

Wear a hoodie too Tim

RAWR

Dinah said...

I seem to have stumbled into some bizarre role play...carry on.

Tim said...

Cyberpete and Inexplicable Device - Boys, boys, don't argue. Please form an orderly queue … whoa, wait … this isn't some sort of weird sexual thing, is it? I happy-slap you and you get a bizarre thrill out of it? Because that's just plain odd.

Unless you're like cash-pinatas - I slap you upside the head and £50 notes fall out?

In which case I'm well up for that.

Dinah - Whatever pleases them, eh? Well, within reason.

Miss Smuggersham said...

I keep coming here for the Wolverine pic you *promised* us...

Oh, and by the way:

IDV: 4

Tim: 3

Tim said...

Monday, T-Bird, Monday! Hair updates are a Monday feature - we can't go upsetting the equilibrium of the universe for cheap X-men-based thrills!

Did you mark me down because of the lack of Wolverine?