Saturday, June 19, 2010

Graph-tastic

Two posts in two days? I am spoiling you.

SO. I'm running the Richmond 10k (the artist formerly known as the Dysart Dash) tomorrow. Actually, I should be finishing in almost exactly 12 hours. It's crept up on me a bit - well, a lot to be honest; so much so, in fact, that I've not harped on about it at all so far, in distinct contrast to previous years where I've procrastinated endlessly in the run-up to the, well, run.

This'll be the fifth time I've done the run (even though it's got a new name and follows a new course, so technically it's a completely different thing), and although I'm not suffering from the lingering after effects of a whiplash injury like I was last year, I've not really done *that* many practise runs until just the last couple of weeks. I am, thus, feeling horrifically a little bit unprepared.

Apart from the 2007 run, I've been a smidgeon faster each successive year. Look - I've prepared a graph to prove it:

In the time it took to draw this I could've done a fairly decent practise run.

I'd like to continue this trend, if only because I don't want to be a sweaty, staggering mess trundling across the finish line long after everyone else has packed up and gone home.

Only time will tell - CHECK BACK TOMORROW FOR THE EXCITING/TERRIBLE RESULT, BITCHES!

(Catch up on previous year's runs here, here, here, and here, if you're interested).

2 comments:

Dinah said...

Good luck! Is there a special good luck wish to runners? Anyway, have a good time!

Tim said...

I don' know about any specific running good luck wish, but I think your 'good luck' will be effective enough! Thanks!