Anyway, a couple of weeks back I mentioned this to Glittering Lee, and based off a comment I made around his birthday last year, we decided we should have an evening of cake and champagne. Which admittedly sounds nice, but sounds way more dramatic when you throw in the revelation that I've not had a proper drink in around seven or eight years. In fact, that's probably worthy of…
So anyway an evening was planned, and it was duly entered into my iCal as 'Tiddily Tim evening.'
Now the intention here was not to get smashed out of my pretty little face, but to instead chill out and have a drink with some mates. Which is exactly what happened. And despite the fact I didn't get smashed, recollection of the evening's events is somewhat fuzzy. I do remember the following, though:
• I do not like rum.
• I do like 'pink fizz.'
• I might have drunk some Taboo.
• I did drink some advocaat. It was vile.
• Skip punched me in the head. Neither of us can remember exactly why, but he claims it was 'playful.'
• I believe there is a photograph of Skip looming over me with a lascivious look on his face, and me looking petrified.
• Lee's cat, my new-found niece, is brilliant.
All in all it was a wonderful evening that hit a smidge of a downer when a cough I thought I'd shaken off made a dramatic return, and every time I laughed (which was often; these are funny people, people) I sounded like someone with a 60 cigarette per day habit.
On the plus side, I made it home without any assistance, and didn't have a hangover the next day. Regardless of that, I discovered that Sainsburys' new Chococino muffins are a brilliant remedy for said nonexistent hangover.