Saturday, February 05, 2011

A fine vintage

Setting fire to things wasn't the only highlight of Wednesday's Better Off Ted evening. In other news, I *think* I actually made Skip happy.

Obviously when you're a guest at somebody else's house it's the done thing to take something for the genial host. In the past I've turned up with Gingerbread Lattes (WIN) and a bottle of Cherry Lambrini (MASSIVE FAIL). This week, however, I actually bought Skip a decent bottle of wine.

And then I took advantage of the materials I have access to at work and transformed it into FUTURE WINE!


Slightly annoyingly, though, when I handed it over to him he simply remarked "you actually bought me a nice bottle of wine!" as if Chateau Picard were a real vineyard and not something from Star Trek's 24th century. I had to point out my handiwork, but on the plus side it just goes to show how authentic-looking my forgery was.

Anyway, from what I understand 2267 is a fine vintage. I just hope he doesn't leave it adrift in space - you never know what it might smash into up there.

8 comments:

CyberPete said...

That's kool AND nerdy at the same time. Good job!

Cherry Lambrini not a WIN? For what it's worth, it probably is a bit vile but also at the same time sounds utterly fabulous.

Don't make me drink it though.

CyberPete said...

I see it's 2 for a fiver at Asda!

Inexplicable DeVice said...

You actually brought a bottle of cherry Lambrini?! To give to someone else?!? You might just as well have spat in poor Skip's face.

If you even drink that vile stuff ('Petra's right) yourself I may have to rethink you as worthy of stalking.


(Very well done on the wine 'modification' though. It's brilliant!)

Tim said...

Cyberpete - I KNOW! I thought it was supposed to awesome.

Cyberpete the second - Oh, on that basis, maybe it's not awesome.

Inexplicable Device - Well, I actually bought it as a bit of a joke, but it backfired when he said "I wish you'd actually not bothered."

I wouldn't drink it personally, but then I barely drink. Although feel free to reconsider your stalking tendencies.

Tara said...

Nice work, that does look like something I could find in a wine shop!

There should damn well be a Chateau Picard wine out there.

Inexplicable DeVice said...

OK. I've had a rethink: No change. Sorry. You'll just have to put up with the stalking like every other celeb.

Trekkie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trekkie said...

And there really is a Chateau Picard in Bordeaux, France. But great job on the label by you! :) https://www.saq.com/page/en/saqcom/red-wine/chateau-picard-saint-estephe-cru-bourgeois-2013/11546332