Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In homage, Part V

Drawn 26/10/95 - 27/10/95. I was always slightly fascinated by the idea of how Starfleet would recover the Enterprise's saucer section from the surface of Veridian III (because in 1995 I had *nothing* else to occupy my thoughts), and loved the idea of some greasy wideboy turning up with his grotty old pick-up truck to tow it away. I'm still rather pleased with how the truck turned out. On the other hand, I'm slightly disturbed by Captain Picard's rather prominent, um, 'package'

Drawn 26/10/95. As an original series fan, I couldn't face life with the knowledge that Captain Kirk was dead, so I did what any nerd would do and came up with a plausible way in which the old boy could live on. My answer? As a game show host. Yeeeeeeeees… (for anyone who's not familiar with the UK game show The Generation Game, click HERE. That should get you up to speed with what's going on here…).

Any-hoo, this is the denouement of my little stroll down memory lane. Back in the day, I'd actually planned on drawing some more ridiculous illustrations for each of the Star Trek movies that followed Generations, but in the end I simply couldn't be bothered.

Wait - was that a collective sigh of relief I heard? RUDE!

4 comments:

Tara said...

You should be pleased with how the truck turned out! I like it! If all tow trucks looked like that, I'm thinking people wouldn't mind so much that their cars were being hauled off. I like the name Joe written in cursive there.

And I also noticed Picard's package (that sounds like the name of a gift shop).

Tim said...

D'ya know, the more I look at that truck the more pleased with it I am.

Happy days!

CyberPete said...

You know what they say, big nose - big package. It's only natural.

The truck and "Joe" are perfect!

Tim said...

It is?